Tuesday, December 9, 2014

GECKO GALZ 8th TAG OF CHRISTMAS by Helene Huber

Eighth Tag Of Christmas
Russian Dolls
by
Helene Huber





SUPPLIES


Gecko Galz From Russia With Love collage sheet
Large tag 10.5 x 5 inches (I cut to size a piece of Crate Paper "Restoration Collection: Fringe")
trims
sentiment stamp (I used a rubber stamp from Artistic Stamper "Snowy Woods" plate.
black ink Sharpie marker
foam tape and/or foam squares

scissors




HOW TO CREATE TAG


Crop doll from collage sheet and resize four times.  (My largest doll is 4 inches tall.) 
Print dolls.  I printed the second doll twice.  I printed the first and second roses twice.
Fussy cut dolls and extra roses.
Edge dolls and roses with black Sharpie.
Decorate the background of a large tag or cut a tag from patterned card stock.
Using foam tape on back of largest doll, adhere to tag.  Adhere a rose with foam squares.
Using foam tape, adhere remaining 3 dolls.
Returning to second doll, adhere a second doll with foam tape.  Adhere a second rose with foam tape.  This image now has 3 layers and "stands out" from the others.
A side view will demonstrate the layering.  The dolls literally "pop" off the tag.
Stamp a sentiment.
Add trims.  
To add interest, I fussy cut the top of my tag along the scallop pattern and added trim to the bottom to "anchor" the dolls.
I chose trims that I felt matched the heritage of fabrics and materials from this part of the world.






 Now go to Helene's blog and follow her or if you are already following leave a comment on a post then email us at geckogalz2014@gmail.com
To claim your stamp of the day!
(this is only good today)
Happy Crafting

Gecko Galz

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card-Brings back memories from when I was a kid had one of these dolls.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is lovely Helene....love your photos also. Your Russian Dolls are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous tag!!! I love these nesting dolls and all the colors and trims you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the nesting dolls tag today!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and festive! Perfect background for the adorable dolls. xxD

    ReplyDelete