Friday, March 20, 2015

SPRINGS BEAUTIFUL COLORS....designs by Gerri Herbst

This month our design team is looking toword Spring and all it's beautiful colors. Below are some samples by
GERRI HERBST



Garden ATC

For this ATC. I water colored the base with pastel colors then layer the in the garden pretty women under the mosaic frame from the Victorian Spring Kit -Icon. The pretty women was water colored to achieve a soft effect. Behind it was a piece of white floral lace that I painted and a glittered pink flower piece. The entire piece was touched with  an Aqua paint markers, Stickles for shine and tiny rhinestones. The hand cut sentiment reads Harmony of Nature.



I Love Thee Card

To make this card i layered the pretty female image from the In the Garden collage sheet on multiple coordinating green and purple papers. The 3D embellishments include a lace heart, painted key, purple rhinestones, antique lace and a violet bouquet with tulle. The final touches were water color paint high lights and Stickles for a touch of glitter. The hand cut sentiment reads  I love thee from my heart I do.



Love Is Grand Tag

Here is my March project using the Hollywood glam sheet.
>>>>> To make this tag I cut of Tim  Holtz  butterflies and Stickles them and added rhinestones. The Manila tag was water colored with black and brown. I layered the Hollywood Glam  female image, the butterflies and an assortment of paper roses with a black feather. The final touches were the hand cut sentiment, more glittery Stickles, tiny rhinestones and an ombré ribbons.


We asked Gerri the following question
What 3 magic powers would you like to have to advance Scrapbooking/ Paper arts....

1 Poof! .I would start a tv network for all things scrapbooking, paper arts, mixed media. I would give some of my favorite artists tv shows like Tim Holtz and Dina Wakely. I would explore paper arts around the world .It would include all kinds of programing from reality shows, game shows, competitions and even news programs about this topic. It could all be tied together with social media...facebook, pinterest, and instagram.
2Poof!.I would give everyone in the world the ability to stop and  find their inner child or muse. I would erase all their  fears about trying  to create art.  I believe it could bring more happiness to all people in all stages of their lives.
3.Poof! I would make sure that  especially in the US (and the world) that Art and Art history is a required course  from kindergarten thru high school and also to emphasis  the importance of creativity . It s what makes us truly human.


6 comments:

  1. All very pretty, with lots of great details!!! My favorite is the purple and green card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still drinking in the amazing details of your gorgeous projects, Gerri! Loving your work with the watercolors and your embellishments are fabulous! xxD P.S. Love your magic power ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and ATC, and that tag is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete